Our client in San Francisco, CA is looking for a Tasting Room Manager.
This position will lead a staff and oversee the management of the Tasting Room and Special events. Ensure that the team delivers a world-class, memorable guest experience while also developing the team and promoting the brand’s winemaking and growing philosophy.
The company is highly reputable where they combine their expertise in winemaking and wine growing with a deep respect for the environment. Their Biodynamically and organically certified vineyards in the Northern part of Alexander Valley near Cloverdale, stand as one of the foremost wine estates in Northern California. The company mirrors the holistic environment of its farm and approaches everything they do with thoughtful intention. The dedicated hands that care for their grapes and all those who take part in their journey to share their wine with you are cherished as if they were friends and family.
- Motivate the team to achieve and surpass company sales goals.
- Effectively manage staffing and task assignments for tasting room personnel.
- Organize regular staff meetings to enhance education, morale, communication, and team cohesion.
- Clearly communicate and follow the company’s vision, mission, values, goals, culture, and updates.
- Conduct interviews, hire, train, schedule, and supervise tasting room staff.
- Open to creating, adopting, and implementing new ideas to encourage an ever-growing and evolving workplace.
- Recruit and coordinate special events for the tasting room and downstairs space.
- Make informed decisions related to workforce management, capacity, and guest experience.
- Ensure the daily readiness of the tasting room for opening and closing procedures.
- Monitor reservations, VIPs, members, and special requests to optimize guest experiences.
- Manage wine and merchandise inventory in the tasting room.
- Arrange wine and product displays in an appealing and functional manner.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and secure environment.
- Ensure compliance with all codes, regulations, and sanitation standards for the building, wine, and food service.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures, including emergency plans, dress code, and employee handbook.
- Collaborate with the Wine Club team to provide support for events and release parties.
- Coordinate with internal and external chefs and caterers for dinners private events.
- Oversee the planning and execution of on-site events to promote the company and Vineyards.
- Reconcile daily financial transactions and report results on various timeframes.
- Promote and generate leads for the wine club.
- Create and manage an annual budget that includes sales, expenses, reporting, and forecasting.
- Track, manage, and coach team performance through key performance indicators (KPIs).
Customer Service/Guest Experience
- Develop and deliver exceptional experiences to winery guests and members.
- Foster positive relationships with members, guests, and potential members.
- Contribute to the development of tasting menus to enhance guest experiences and sales.
- Ensure the readiness of tasting room facilities, parking, restrooms, and grounds for the best possible guest perception.
- Address customer requests, suggestions, and complaints, serving as the initial point of contact for all customer concerns.
- Comply with all California Alcoholic Beverage Control requirements, including responsible alcohol service.
- Recruitment and Coordination of all private events in our San Francisco location, as well as wine club event assistance, containing but not limited to: coordination with private chefs, caterers, and event staff.
- Collaborate with accounting team to adhere to the allotted budget for day-to-day operation and private events.
- Coordination with accounting team on purchases of food, floral arrangements, and any additional supplies needed.
- Outreach and marketing for tastings and bottle sales.
- Other duties and projects may be assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years of Tasting Room experience
- 2 solid years of management experience in the Tasting Room environment
- Sommelier education/experience preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge and experience in wine and food pairing.
- Ability to lead a well-functioning team that supports and offers the highest level of guest experience.
- Strong and attentive listening and comprehension skills
- Effective at caring, yet professional delivery of information in the best interest of team and guests.
- Ability to think and decide effectively and quickly under pressure.
- Ability to work weekends and some holidays with flexible event hours and days.
- Must be able to multitask and complete tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate refined social skills, hospitality, and courtesy to both internal and external guests at every available opportunity.
- Courteous communication in both written and spoken interactions, encompassing phone, email, texts, and social media.
- Capable of establishing positive and good relationships with vendors through effective written and oral correspondence.
- Proficiency in completing end-of-shift forms and paperwork in a clear and readable manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems quickly and effectively.
- Achieve quality service and positive outcomes for both team and guest experiences.
- Use success as an example and failure as an opportunity.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (or equivalent programs).
- Ability to learn computer systems used for reservations, service, sales, and membership.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Duties will be performed indoors and outdoors and may include occasional off-site event service.
- The company believes in treating everyone fairly and equally. We reject all forms of discrimination and are dedicated to safeguarding our employees and guests from any offensive or detrimental conduct. This policy supports our overall commitment to a safe, productive, and happy workplace for all our employees.
Next One Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.