Our client in Santa Fe, NM is looking for a Facilities Manager.
This position oversees all aspects of facilities management, maintenance, and construction for the credit union. Responsibilities include budgeting, maintenance, purchasing, planning, contract negotiation and related activities that ensure safe and functional operation of all properties. Requires regular coordination with internal staff, outside vendors and contractors, and ensuring those entities deliver as promised.
All employees of the organization are proactive, result-driven, and fully committed to the credit union’s mission and vision. They strive to achieve the highest standards of excellence and consistently exceed the expectations established by credit union management.
- Ensure the appearance and physical aspects of all properties meet or exceed the credit union’s established standards through routine site and safety inspections and communicate concerns and requests for capital as needed to provide for the physical upkeep of each property.
- Coordinate work activities and services from vendors, consultants, and other contractors as needed by researching and identifying needs, negotiating contracts, monitoring progress, processing invoices, and ensuring open communication between credit union staff and external service providers.
- Delegate, manage, and monitor cleaning and maintenance tasks to internal team members and external vendors as applicable.
- Monitor the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots, and outdoor spaces.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on facilities as needed.
- Schedule routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors.
- Ensure ongoing and proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors and professionals.
- Provide regular reports to the executive team on maintenance, repairs, safety and budget.
- Prepare facilities for changing weather conditions for resiliency and safety.
- Oversee and manage the credit union’s purchasing programs, processes, and partners, including supplies, inventory control, courier services, and postal services and deliveries.
- Take a lead role in managing and overseeing facility acquisition and remodeling projects from inception to completion.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project scope, objectives, and budget requirements.
- Develop project plans, timelines, and resource allocation to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Coordinate with architects, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure projects meet design specifications and quality standards.
- Monitor project progress, identify potential issues, and implement corrective actions to keep projects on track.
- Communicate project status, updates, and timelines to senior management and relevant departments.
- Ensure that all building acquisitions and remodels comply with local regulations and credit union standards for safety and accessibility.
- Understand compliance issues and attends training as they relate to property manager including, but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act: Reg P. and the Patriot Act.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in a related field, in addition to (5) plus years of progressive experience in facilities management, facilities maintenance, corporate real estate, or similar within a professional environment.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Thorough knowledge of facilities maintenance, including advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC and other building systems.
- Strong leadership and communication to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization, including external stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for building meaningful relationships.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and multitasking concurrent projects of varying importance and complexity.
- Must have knowledge of office machines and equipment and be able to type.
- Advanced decision-making and creative problem-solving skills.
- Those in a leadership role are expected to participate in company meetings, community events, and similar engagements as ambassadors to the organization and its mission. These include voluntary and involuntary events that although ordinarily will be during business hours, including weekends and evenings as announced.
- Job-Related Travel – as required.
Must be capable to execute all terms and conditions set forth in the Employee Handbook, including but not limited to:
- Works in a safety-conscious manner which ensures that safe work practices are used in order not to pose a risk to self or others in the workplace.
- Adheres to policy on Drug-Free Workplace.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and local, state, and federal regulations.
- Job requires regular standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, bending, lifting, grasping and fine hand coordination.
- Visual and aural acuity is required. Finger and hand dexterity required.
- Periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Next One Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.