Our client in Santa Rosa, CA is looking for a Director of Engineering.
This position will be responsible for growing advertising revenues by working collaboratively and supporting our sales reps on consultative sales of radio, digital, print, and experiential advertising solutions to new and existing clients.
The company is a highly reputable and leading local media and entertainment company, specializing in radio, print, digital, mobile marketing, and live event entertainment. With 9 radio stations and a total of 12 media units, the company serves over 250,000 listeners each month and has the largest reach of any radio outlet in the region from San Francisco to Portland. Reaches 88% of the half million residents of Sonoma County, the market’s only glossy business-to-business magazine (publishing 48 years), a successful digital advertising profit center and the biggest concert event of the year with June’s Country Summer Music Festival.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall management of the technical aspects of developing and maintaining the transmitter sites, RF assets, studios and digital automation systems for the 9 broadcast products of the company, as well as streaming computers, Nielsen Audio encoders, etc.
- Overall management of the company’s IT infrastructure, including servers, phone system, email, and computer workstations and IT support for employees in all departments including sales, programming, administration and North Bay Biz magazine, also housed in our two-story building.
- The 9 broadcast products include 1 Class B FM, 2 Class B1 FMs, 3 Class A FMs, 1 full-time 5kw AM and 7 FM translators. There are 10 or more transmitter sites, 7 of them serving the fully licensed Class B, B1 and A FMs and a 5kw full-time AM.
- Responsible for the engineering department’s activities in support of the company’s sales, business, programming and print media activities, and for the department’s communication with members of these departments.
- Responsible for all aspects of FCC compliance including transmitter operation, EAS, and license renewals for broadcast stations and other RF assets, in collaboration with the general manager and legal counsel.
Next One Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.