Our client in Geyserville, CA is looking for a Bottling Line Mechanic – Team Lead.
The company is a highly reputable and expanding enterprise focused on tailor-made production of both Sparkling and Still Wine in Geyserville established in 2007. With a capacity of 3.5 million cases, they stand at the forefront as the premier custom sparkling wine producer in the U.S., supported by an outstanding winemaking team and cutting-edge technology.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt
Location: Geyserville, CA
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure that all systems are working in an efficient, safe, and reliable manner through continuous reviews.
- Work with the Director of Operations to create written procedures for all bottling maintenance tasks.
- Work with the bottling team on the introduction of new products and packages.
- Assist in evaluating and testing supplies or redesigned packages and communicate the results.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating preventive maintenance on the bottling lines to ensure reliable and efficient operations.
- Schedule, organize, and lead annual preventive maintenance as needed throughout the year.
- Identify equipment or systems that need repair or upgrades and schedule work required through a managed system.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and Maintenance Manager to review work
requests, identify solutions, and assign the appropriate Bottling Maintenance personnel.
- Assure that all critical parts and materials are in inventory to minimize downtime of critical equipment.
- Establish standards for machine set-up and operation (i.e. procedures and protocols, control of package application to meet quality control standards, and improve line efficiencies).
- Support and training for effective line changeovers and startups.
- Assist the bottling team in analyzing downtime reports to identify and make possible corrections to eliminate excessive downtime.
- Assure that all company purchasing policies are adhered to when purchasing goods and services.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in the generation of annual operating and capital budgets for the bottling facility.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the maintenance team concurrent with the company values.
- Provide written reviews of the bottling maintenance team annually.
- Routinely review work in progress to ensure that the jobs are being completed in a safe, timely, and professional manner.
- Provide opportunities for bottling maintenance staff to increase their skill and knowledge. This should include continuing education outside of the winery as well as hands-on teaching of trade skills.
- Works closely with the Maintenance Manager and bottling Team Leads to identify machine performance issues and seek out opportunities for improved efficiency and product quality.
- Assist the process engineering department to identify operational improvements and provide information and support on projects.
- Work with the Human Resource manager for issues related to subordinates.
- Diligently adheres to all safety practices, SOPs, and company policies.
- Other tasks, on any production line, as assigned by Management.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- High degree of competence in bottling systems including, pneumatics, and mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of PLC systems is an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, including 2 to 5 years of supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and document workflow.
- Able to exercise fiscal responsibility, within established budgetary constraints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good supervisory, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Assist bottling personnel during production.
- Drive company vehicles when required.
- Drive forklift to move supplies and equipment.
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, E-Mail.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and adjust to changing timelines.
- Ability to work as a hands-on mechanic when required to fill in for one of the line mechanics.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 50 pounds over short distances.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stretch, reach, grasp, crouch, turn, and kneel.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and be able to demonstrate a clean driving record.
Next One Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.